Ten Ways to Compliment Someone Without Calling Them Beautiful
Beauty Comes from Within
How many times have you been complimented on your attractiveness before your intelligence? Your figure before your sense of humour? We propose a different concept; one in which the first compliment you give is not pointed towards looks. In the words of Rupi Kaur, “I want to apologize to all the women I have called pretty before I’ve called them intelligent or brave…from now on I will say things like you are resilient or you are extraordinary, not because I don’t think you’re pretty but because you are so much more than that.”
1. Your work ethic inspires me.
2. You are so intelligent/I love how your mind works.
3. You are so funny/You always know how to cheer me up.
4. You are so strong.
5. Your self-confidence and self-assurance empowers me.
6. Your positivity is infectious.
7. Your laugh makes everything better.
8. You are a great listener and you always try your best to understand me.
9. It’s a pleasure knowing you and having you as a friend.
10. I admire how you stand up for yourself.
See if you can use one of these when you next compliment someone!
About the Author
Living on the Gold Coast her whole life, she has a lot of hot tips and secret places to share with the public (if they’re lucky). During the week, when she’s not holed up in her room studying, you’ll find her brunching at cute cafes, trying to get a tan at the beach or playing soccer. On the weekend you’ll most often find her at a photoshoot, behind the lens, practising her passion for photography. She’s well-travelled, with 23 countries up her sleeve already and hopes to continue ticking countries off the list over the years to come.